Friday, January 16, 2009

P90x Reviews - Plyometrics

Today, I am doing my P90x reviews on the Plyometrics workout. You might ask yourself, "What is plyometrics?" And that is a very good question, because before I did p90x I also had no idea what it was either. I wish I knew what it was before I did it, just so I could know what I was about to get myself into. Before you start the workout Tony Horton says, "This puts the X in P90x," so you know that it is going to be an insane workout.

Plyometrics is also known as jump training. It is used a lot with sports, especially with sports where jumping is very important to be successful. Now you might think, "What is the point of doing plyometrics, if I do not play sports?" Well, if you are serious about doing P90x, you will do this workout. And really who cares if you are not playing sports, this workout kicks butt and you will hate it because it's hard but enjoy it at the same time because you know its working.

You start off doing some warm ups like you do before every workout, except with this workout you do about 2 minutes worth of lunges before you even start the workout. Each workout is about 30 seconds long and like Tony says, "you can do anything for 30 seconds." Um...yeah...you will be surprised how long 30 seconds can feel like. If the exercise goes for a minute, that usually means it is the last of that section, and then you repeat that section. Pretty much you do a lot of jump squats and jump lunges through the whole workout. The nice part about this workout is if you get to the end, you get to do a bonus round that involves actual sport moves. It is actually really fun and refreshing.


The plyometric workout is one of the workouts that you will continue to do through the whole three months. So like my other P90x reviews, you need to make sure you do not take advantage of this workout, make sure that you give it your all every time you do it, because this workout will help you with other workouts that you will have to do later. Each time you need to try to get deeper in your squats and lunges, but if you find that this workout is too much for you, than you can always substitute it for the Cardio X DVD.

No comments: